Tuesday 4 October 2011

Why is it important to stop racism?

Racism is a very important issue that harm a lot of poeple not only does it effect people physically but can have severe emotional concequences as racism can leave people feeling unwanted in society and as if they do not belong due to their race, religion,ethnic background or gender. This needs to stop!

Examples of racism:

"People laught at my acient when I started school in kent. It made me feel as if i was unwanted and didn't belong in the school"

"One day when I was on the bus, and this british woman wanted to sit down on the bus and told me to get up. I refused as I was sitting there first; when she called me a 'immigrant and told me to go back to were I came from'."

WHY DOES RACISM  STILL CONTINUE?

1 comment:

Samuel Hernandez said...

I totally argee, this blog has helped to educate and inform me on the pressing issue of racism and discrimination. I now know how important it is to work together alongside my community to stop the issues of racism and discrimination. this is a wonderful and elightening blog.